Multi-year Accessibility Plan (.pdf-updated Dec.31,2012)
Our Commitment to Accessibility
We are committed to preventing, identifying and removing barriers that impede an individual's access to care and services, or to work here.
The Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital offers the following accessible services:
- All entrances are accessible, at ground level and without curbing.
- All entrances are equipped with automatic and/ or sliding doors.
- Two designated wheelchair accessible parking spaces are available near the main entrance to the hospital on the upper parking level.
- Washrooms located in the patient rooms, emergency department, laboratory, diagnostic imaging and outpatient waiting room are accessible.
- Public accessible washrooms are marked with the symbol to the right.
- Faucets in the patient’s washrooms are handsfree.
- Telephones have volume controls to amplify the sounds.
Easy Access Doors
- All patient room doors are equipped with glide latches for easy opening and closing.
- The main lobby entrance and waiting room doors feature automatic opening.
- Available in all main hallways.
- Persons with disabilities may enter the premises accompanied by their service animal and keep that animal with them in areas/premises that are open to the public, unless the animal is otherwise excluded by legislation. For specifics, please see our policy on service animals.
- Available at the Main Entrance and the Emergency Department
- Extra wide wheelchairs are available.
- The main signage within the facility utilizes raised lettering, Braille and pictograms.
Fire Alarm System
- Our fire alarm system incorporates an audible tone with flashing strobe lights.
- Televisions in patient rooms come with adjustable volume control and closed captioning.
The Nursing Station
- The nursing station desk has been modified to wheelchair height.
We invite you to help us improve accessibility at the Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital by sharing your questions, concerns or comments on the way we provide care and services to people with disabilities in an accessible manner.
All feedback should be directed to the Professional Practice Coordinator, our Accessibility Coordinator. Feedback from customers may be received in person, in writing, by email, telephone, by disk or by another method determined by both parties.
Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital
Red Lake, ON.
Tel: (807) 727-2231
To send feedback by email: redlakehospital%23ca|accessibility
AODA Accessibility Report 2013 (.pdf - December 2013)