How to make a FIPPA Request
You may use the hospital’s FIPPA Request form for the following purposes:
- To make a request for access to general records of the hospital
- To request personal information about yourself
- To request a correction to your personal information
If you have any questions about the access or correction request process, please contact our Freedom of Information and Privacy Office by phone at 807-727-3804 or by email: redlakehospital%23ca|privacy
Completed forms should be sent to:
PO Box 5005Red Lake, P0V 2M0
Freedom of Information and Privacy Officer
Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital
Please include a cheque or money order in the amount of $5.00 payable to Red Lake Hospital. Please do not mail cash.
FIPPA sets out rules for protecting the privacy of personal information held by the Hospital. Personal information may only be collected where there is authority to do so and steps must be taken to ensure it is accurate. Once collected, personal information must be protected from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
RLMCMH may only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, a consistent purpose, or with your consent. Personal information has to be kept for a minimum of one year and it may only be disposed of in a secure manner.
Your personal information may be disclosed to others with your consent, or without your consent in the following circumstances:
- To respond to an appeal to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario
- For the purpose for which the hospital collected the information or for a consistent purpose
- To hospital staff who need the information to perform their duties
- To comply with the law
- To cooperate with a law enforcement agency in Canada conducting an investigation
- To inform another in compelling circumstances affecting an individual's health or safety
- To make contact with next of kin or friend of an ill, injured or deceased person
- To audit a program that is cost shared with the federal or provincial government
If you have any questions about the hospital’s collection, use and disclosure practices, please contact RLMCMH Freedom of Information and Privacy Office by phone at: 807-727-3804 or by emailing: redlakehospital%23ca|privacy