When outside of the Hospital building, on the move or at home, the Outlook Web App is a convenient, browser-based way to access e-mail and calendar anytime/anywhere.
- Go to https://mail.redlakehospital.ca/owa/
- Enter username: flastname (your username is the same as your email, only use letters before the @, e.g. "jsmith")
- Enter password as given by IT DPT. As of now passwords can only be changed by IT personnel.
- Options: Check "Use the light version of Outlook Web App". This provides a faster experience on older computers and slow network connections. Note that unsupported browsers will always use the light version.
- Click "Sign In"
The Light version of the Outlook Web App is supported in all browsers. However, the full version, which includes additional features such as composing html e-mails, requires one of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8+ (Windows)
- IE8 may default to the Light version of OWA. To correct this, log into OWA, select "Options", go to Accessibility and uncheck the box. Save, exit OWA and sign in again.
- Firefox 3+ (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Safari 3+ (Windows, Mac)
- Chrome 22.214.171.124 and later versions.
People may send mail to your email@example.com
(flastname= first letter of name & last name).
Features and Settings
Outlook Web App, in supported browsers, offers a wide range of settings like: Out of Office Reply; Customized Signature; Organize Folders, Search your Inbox, Forward mail to another user using Inbox Rules
, Junk Mail settings, Mail flow rules, etc. To access these options click on the TOP Right side Options / See All Options.
Sync to Smartphone
You can use a smartphone to access your exchange account under these conditions: Smartphone is Active Sync capable, Smartphone has a password protection of at least 4 characters, User accepts to follow Privacy Act and Policies in place for email use. Access policy here.
Mac OS iPhone, iPad
Blackberry OS 10 only
Android and Other