Laboratory Diagnostic Services
Our Laboratory department is staffed with 3 Full Time Laboratory Technologists who offer in-patient and outpatient services. As the only service of its kind in over a 2.5 hour radius, they are very busy and must perform exams according to priority; this at times affects appointment availability, wait times and staff availability to respond to telephone inquiries.
Patients are seen in this priority order:
- Emergency/Inpatient Care
- Patients with appointments
- Walk-ins (must have a doctors requisition)
Our laboratory is a member of the Kenora Rainy River Regional Laboratory Program. The program provides administrative and technical advice, consultative, educational and quality support services for six Northwestern Ontario Laboratories; it lends its expertise in the delivery of laboratory services consistent with best practices and established standards to ensure accuracy and reliability of test results.
Hours of Operation
Outpatients: 8:00 am to 12:00 noon, Monday through Friday.
Emergencies: On Call 24hrs 7 days a week
Location: Main Floor, East End.
Making an Appointment:
When your physician orders laboratory diagnostics tests:
- Visit or Call the Lab at 807-727-2066 Ext.327 (best time to call 1pm- 4pm)
- Have your requisition handy to provide the technologist required test information
- If making your appointment in person, if a technologist is not available, place your requisition in the basket on the door and have a seat in the waiting room, a technologist will assist you shortly.
- Once the appointment is completed, the technologist will provide you with instructions or supplies that may be needed for your appointment or tests ordered.
Day of your appointment:
- Bring your Health Card and Ontario Laboratory requisition with you.
- Please make sure you have followed any instructions given to you in order to ensure accuracy on your diagnostic and results.
- Register at the Information Desk in the hospital's front lobby.
- Proceed to the laboratory and place your requisition and Health Card in the black basket on the door
- Have a seat in the waiting room (located across from the Laboratory) and a technologist will be with you shortly.