Covid-19 Information Center
Red Lake Hospital Pandemic Response and Resources
At the Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital the health and safety of patients, their families, staff, professional staff, physicians, and volunteers is a top priority. Therefore we have put in place a pandemic plan in response to the COVID-19 current situation. The plan will guide us to implement measures to continue to provide urgent services to our community in the safest way possible.
COMMUNITY UPDATE May 22nd:
- In light of Health Canada’s announcement, earlier this week, RLMCMH now requires the mandatory donning of masks for all non-patient facing staff, unless they are alone in an office / workspace. Cloth masks have been provided to all of these employees. We encourage our community to follow these new Health Canada recommendations as well, and don a mask when they are unable to practice safe physical distancing. For more information on these guidelines, please visit Canada Public Health Face Masks Information.
- It is essential that individuals contact the Assessment Centre if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms! This is for your own safety, as well as those around you. As a community we need to be supportive of our friends, neighbours, and co-workers if they seek testing! It is the responsible thing to do. COVID-19 spreads quickly and easily – and ANYONE can become infected.
- The Assessment Centre continues to take calls, Sunday through Thursday, 9 am – 2 pm, at (807) 727-7035. An appointment is required, so please call.
- You can also contact the local NWHU at 807-727-2626 or the Clinic at 807- 727-2617 if you are experiencing symptoms. Take the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
- As always, the Emergency Department is open! It helps if you call ahead of time, but only if possible, at 807-727-3811. If you are experiencing a life threatening health issue, such as a heart attack, please dial 9-1-1 immediately or present at the Emergency Department, as you normally would. Your health is our priority! Please don’t avoid seeking treatment.
- Have a great weekend everyone! While enjoying time out in our beautiful community, please remember to be safe and responsible
Advice from one of our local physicians Dr. Lisa Habermehl:
Video #4 you can also access the video script here.
Northwestern Testing by region:
To see the current testing results go to Northwestern Health Unit website
Measures in place:
- Visitors have been reduced to those that are "essential" only. We continue to screen everyone that enters the Hospital, including employees.
- Outpatient appointments have been reduced to those that are deemed urgent by a physician.
- The COVID-19 Assessment Centre is open. Please call (807) 727-7035 to book an appointment. Walk-ins will NOT be accepted. This is for the safety of our community and staff.
- Hospital administration continues to meet with staff and community partners, daily, to plan our pandemic response. We are paying close attention at all times to Ministry guidelines and continue to follow them.
- For information on COVID-19 in our region please visit Northwestern Health Unit Website
- In regard to testing for COVID-19, the Hospital and Assessment Centre continue to follow the guidelines provided by Public Health.
If you have any questions related to our Pandemic Plan please contact the hospital CEO.