Covid-19 Information Center
Red Lake Hospital Pandemic Response and Resources
At the Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital the health and safety of patients, their families, staff, professional staff, physicians, and volunteers is a top priority. Therefore we have put in place a pandemic plan in response to the COVID-19 current situation. The plan will guide us to implement measures to continue to provide urgent services to our community in the safest way possible.
COMMUNITY UPDATE: Friday April 24th:
Northwestern Testing by region:
- Our Food & Nutrition staff did some window visiting this week! In an effort to reduce the spread of infection, our Dietary Aides are not permitted inside patient rooms, at this time – but they sure miss seeing their patients, which can be one of the most rewarding parts of the job.
- The Lab is working very hard to implement a new process to accommodate non-urgent outpatient testing—trialed for the first time this week! We will continue to fine tune and make improvements to this process to ensure that these patients have the opportunity to safely receive services.
- Please remember that our Emergency Department is still open for treatment of urgent health issues. While it is very helpful to call ahead (727-3811), it is not required, especially in the event of a serious and/or life threatening health emergency. Please don’t ignore serious symptoms!
- There is now a Hospital Peer Support Group, meeting weekly (virtually). This group is open to all employees /departments and is an initiative of Community Counselling & Addiction Services, in collaboration with the OHS Nurse.
To see the current testing results go to Northwestern Health Unit website
Current Measures in place:
- Visitors have been reduced to those that are "essential" only. We continue to screen everyone that enters the Hospital, including employees.
- Outpatient appointments have been reduced to those that are deemed urgent by a physician.
- The COVID-19 Assessment Centre is open. Please call (807) 727-7035 to book an appointment. Walk-ins will NOT be accepted. This is for the safety of our community and staff.
- Hospital administration continues to meet with staff and community partners, daily, to plan our pandemic response. We are paying close attention at all times to Ministry guidelines and continue to follow them.
- For information on COVID-19 in our region please visit Northwestern Health Unit Website
- In regard to testing for COVID-19, the Hospital and Assessment Centre continue to follow the guidelines provided by Public Health.
If you have any questions related to our Pandemic Plan please contact the hospital CEO.