Covid-19 Information Centre
We request that all visitors and out-patients bring their own mask. We will provide a medical-grade mask if your condition requires it.
Red Lake Hospital Pandemic Response and Resources
Communication to Public RE: Masking of Visitors and Outpatients
At this time, the Hospital and Ear Falls and Red Lake Family Health Teams ask that all visitors, outpatients and inpatients wear a medical-grade when at the Hospital or their Clinics. This is for the protection of everyone in the building and is based on recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada.
At the Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital the health and safety of patients, their families, staff, professional staff, physicians, and volunteers is a top priority. Therefore we have put in place a pandemic plan in response to the COVID-19 current situation. The plan will guide us to implement measures to continue to provide urgent services to our community in the safest way possible.
• It is great to see everyone outside and enjoying our beautiful community…but please remember that you are still at risk of contracting and spreading the virus!
- Protect others by wearing a mask, when you cannot physically distance.
- PHYSICALLY DISTANCE! Even when you are outside! This includes when you go for walks, run errands, etc.
- Remember to keep washing your hands and avoid touching your face!
- It can be tempting to ignore these rules, as numbers appear to decrease, and summer approaches – but please remember to make the responsible choice. These choices affect EVERYONE and we urge our patients, families, and neighbours to follow the guidelines put forth by the Northwestern Health Unit.
• The COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- Please check the testing guidance from Ontario Health or call the assessment centre to see if you are eligible for a COVID-19 test.
- Please call (807) 727-7035 to book an appointment. Walk-ins will NOT be accepted. This is for the safety of our community and staff.
- The hours of the Assessment Centre are 9 AM until 12 PM Monday through Thursday, and 9 AM to 11:30 AM on Friday.
- Please be patient if you are not able to get through to someone immediately – keep trying. We cannot take messages and may be on the line with another patient.
• The Mobile Crisis Response program continues to operate at regular capacity. If you are facing a mental health or addiction crisis, please contact 1-866-888-8988, for local support. Visit -Mental Health & Addictions Services for more information on hours of operation.
Northwestern Testing Outcomes:
For information on COVID-19 in our region please visit Northwestern Health Unit Website : https://www.nwhu.on.ca/covid19/Pages/home.aspx
If you have any questions related to our Pandemic Plan please contact the hospital CEO.