COVID-19 Assessment Centre
The Testing Guidance from Ontario Health has been recently updated to offer testing to those who are asymptomatic and have concern that they have been exposed to COVID 19; and those who are asymptomatic and are at risk of exposure to COVID 19 through their employment (including essential workers).
How to Access the Centre:
Anyone can get a free test, individuals must call to make an appointment to receive a Covid-19 test.
- Referral from Physician, or Nurse Practitioner
- Referral from Northwestern Health Unit
- Referral from other valid source.
When to visit an assessment centre:
- If you have COVID-19 or exposed to known positive case
- If you have covid-19 symptoms
- If you do not have symptoms but are concerned you might have been exposed
- if you do not have symptoms but think you are at risk (for example, if you are an essential or health care worker)
When to go to the Emergency Room:
You should call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department if you are currently experiencing:
- severe difficulty breathing (struggling for each breath, can only speak in single words)
- severe chest pain (constant tightness or crushing sensation)
- feeling confused or unsure of where you are
- losing consciousness
For infants under 3 months
Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department if your child:
- has a fever
- is having trouble breathing
- appears unwell
For infants and children over 3 months
Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department if your child has any of the following symptoms:
- fever longer than 7 days
- fever with a rash
- has a compromised (weakened) immune system with a fever
- breathing faster than usual or trouble breathing
- bluish skin colour
- not drinking enough fluids
- not waking up or not interacting
- is so irritable that they do not want to be held
- constant vomiting
Contact and Appointments:
Please call (807) 727-7035 to book an appointment. Walk-ins will NOT be accepted. If you are asymptomatic but would like testing done, please email email@example.com.
We are open from Monday to Friday, from 9am until 2pm CST.
In the basement of the Red Lake Pharmacy, the entrance is through the side of the building.
After you have been tested for COVID-19, you can access your test results online.
If you are having trouble accessing your results online or do not have internet access, you should contact the assessment centre who ordered your test or your primary care provider.
Find an Assessment Center
Here you can search for other Assessment Centers in Ontario